The Picket Fence

This blog is intended to heighten awareness of the issues facing college faculty in their quest for greater quality in their classrooms. Je me souviens!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Just because you don't get eaten the first million times doesn't mean it's never going to happen." Jack Hanna

Friday, March 24, 2006

From our sister campus

Hi:

How is the picketing going? I have picketted with the Oakville group on the night shift. I've met so many wonderful teachers from the arts, media, jounalism, counselling, accounting etc. and they are great people. However, picketting night shift - Con-Ed - is very stressful as the public is very uninformed and aggresssive. The first week of picketting , I was almost run over three times. My husband and girls were so upset. After the accident at Centennial College , I decided not to put myself in danger on the front line. It's been so interesting watching various faculty put their lives in the jeopardy of unknown motorists who may be under the influence or who strongly are anti-union.

I understand that tomorrow , the Davis Campus party is from 10:30-1:00pm. I miss you all. I want to come and picket with everyone at Davis. Hope to see you at 11:30am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home