The Picket Fence

This blog is intended to heighten awareness of the issues facing college faculty in their quest for greater quality in their classrooms. Je me souviens!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Just because you don't get eaten the first million times doesn't mean it's never going to happen." Jack Hanna

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Do The Arithmetic

I was talking today with a good friend who reminded me about the "generous" offer on the part of the colleges to hire 120 faculty over the course of the Council 4 year contract offer ... what was missing in the Council communication was the math. Try 120 faculty, divided by 4 years, divided by 24 colleges! My handy dandy calculator (called "in my head") puts that at 1.25 faculty members hired per college per year over the course of the contract.

What an excellent offer! I guess they figure we cannot do the arithmetic. Maybe they were going to hire all 120 in the first year? Oh ... I did not see that in the offer. I do straight arithmetic ... which is all I saw in that offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home